Skip to content
18 Leadership Lessons from Top Gun: Maverick
- You don’t need to yell at everyone in an attempt to be diverse. Be diverse.
- There is no manual for leading with heart. Throw the book away and discover what is happening on the inside.
- Everyone needs a listening ear and a strong presence that brings out their best.
- Love is what makes you human.
- Don’t be sneaky. You will get caught.
- Speak with extreme clarity. Ambiguity will kill the mission.
- Playing is a spiritual discipline that bonds the human experience.
- Get your body in physical shape at every age.
- Push the boundaries to show what is possible.
- Do the opposite of what is expected and the system will respond with change.
- Everyone has a human wound that needs someone to walk the journey alongside their healing.
- Sir and Ma’am still work. Try it on.
- Drop the unnecessary crude language. You gain respect.
- You are a sexual being simply by your presence. Allow your presence to be the man or woman God created you to be.
- Know your mission. Talk about the mission. Keep focused on the mission.
- You need a place to work with your hands and discover your interior world in solitude.
- You can question authority and honor authority at the same time.
- Leadership begins and ends with your willingness to serve and sacrifice on behalf of others for the common good of the team.