How to say no when you are a people pleaser?
One sure fire way to become busy, burnout, and buried by the demands of others is saying yes when you need to say no.
There are times when saying yes is critical to your mission, but often times we say yes because we become a slave to someone else’s vision.
Let’s be clear. I am not talking about morality or sin. This is in reference to the general questions of life and the simple request of others.
Defining a clear no because clear when you have decided on your clear and affirmative YES. Choose to steward your life and lead your life and not be led by the demands and distractions of others.
What do you say YES to defines how you say NO?
Here are 7 questions to help you decide on a clear yes.
- What matters to you?
- What makes a great day?
- How would you share a story about your ideal week?
- What are your primary guiding values and beliefs?
- Why does saying “yes” to the request matter to you?
- Where would you choose to spend your time if given only 4 hours today?
- What freedom do you have when you offer a clear yes?
Check out this coaching conversation about balancing say no and learning the power of yes.
Ready to get started clarifying your vision and purpose. Connect with me today for a Discovery Coaching Conversation.